January 16, 2009

Samsung CLP 510 Waste Toner Error

I've just gone through the whole deal with Samsung canada
trying to get the issue resolved, however in the end I have
given up and implemented my own solution.

I found that the "new" old toner entering the tank passes
through the sensor "bump" and makes it dirty even when the tank
is not full .... My solution involves a simple foil baffle
which prevents this - has worked perfectly ever since, when
before I was plagued with "replace waste toner bin" messages
no matter how often I cleaned out the tank.

I've put up a little web page with some photos describing this
fix, as well as a means by which you can reset the toner
cartridge page counts without having to disassemble the cartridge
or replace the chips at:

www.dunfield.com/clp510

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Dave